At work we plan each quarter by writing Objectives and Key Results, or OKRs for short. The idea is that there are a number of broad objectives, then specific quantifiable and measurable key results that achieve them. So I thought I would try writing some personal OKRs here, though for the year rather than just a quarter. These are more a draft than anything fixed, so I would much appreciate any advice about how to achieve them, what else I should try to do, or anything else.
It is a bit late, this already being 2012, but that is like work too. The top level points are the objectives, the second level are the key results.
- See some more of the world.
- Visit the east coast of the US / Canada, and see at least 3 of the 5 friends I know over that way.
- Visit at least 2 more European countries.
- Visit Scotland.
- Visit 2 more places in the UK
- Improve my dancing (and enjoy it)
- Learn at least one new dance this year (probably Balboa)
- Go out for social swing (Lindy Hop) dancing regularly
- Take some classes / workshops to improve my blues
- Do some swing and/or blues with friends while I am back in NZ visiting
- Go to the London Swing Festival again
- Work out where I stand with God, and what that means.
- Discuss more with some friends. Not sure exactly what.
- Finish reading some of the books that are on my shelf, and write up some responses to them.
- Any other advice?
- Improve my social life, and build and maintain a good group of friends with whom I regularly do things
- Host at least 3 social gatherings (parties / dinners / whatever) at my flat
- Hmm, not sure what else to do towards this, any suggestions?
- Improve how I dress
- Buy a suit, or at least something a bit more formal, for the odd occasion when that might be necessary
- Hmm, not sure about this one either, any advice?
- Maintain other hobbies
- Bake something for other people at least once a month, preferably more often.
- Do some work on my existing programming projects such as theQuotebook and Fridge.
- Do some work on electronics projects, such as the paper keyboard I started on last year, some kind of floor instrument, or something else based on the Teensy.
Well, does anyone have any suggestions about how to achieve some of these, or other things I should aim for?